Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a talented, self-directed inside sales representative to drive adoption of AWS’s cloud computing solutions in the Federal Civilian sales team within Public Sector. The ideal candidate must be able to develop a strong pipeline and support our customers in collaboration with our account managers. He or She must also have proven analytical skills and experience creating relationships and building a base of contacts that will ultimately drive sales. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Create a plan to follow up and qualify inbound leads from events and campaigns conducted by the AWS Public Sector marketing team, sales and proposal capture team.
· Work with territory sales account managers to identify key targets and build out the contact database
· Develop strategies with Account Managers to drive leads to opportunities and shepherd those opportunities to closure
· Use sales force automation tools to develop and update ROI/funnel reporting and dashboards for management and sales visibility
· Demonstrated ability to create innovative and targeted lead generation programs that generate results
· Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
· Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted lead generation programs with the ability to drive projects through completion
· The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
· Ability to forge relationships with sales leaders and reps
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in inside sales and lead generation in a high-technology or publishing and/or education organization
· 3+ years of experience in driving demand and lead generation
· 3+ years of experience using Sales Automation tools such as Salesforce.com
· A Bachelor degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study or equivalent experience