Amazon is continually striving to innovate service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. In the Global Fleet and Products (GFP) team, we own the driver experience and products used for delivering all Amazon packages, Prime Now deliveries, and more.
Amazon is looking for an Account Manager, Electric Vehicle Commercial to help the GFP team manage Amazon’s electric vehicle (EV) initiatives and work with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers to ensure our project goals are met, leading to the successful delivery of EV’s to our Delivery Service Partners (DSPs).
Responsibilities of the Account Manager, Electric Vehicle Commercial:
· Work tactically and strategically with our EV partners to influence multiple internal and external teams and drive business decisions.
· Ensure the programs commercial requirements support the successful delivery to our DSPs and follow the defined program timelines
· Work with partner teams to improve concurrent delivery while streamlining or eliminating excess process, holding partner teams accountable for improvement
· Assess long-term strategies, project plans, and other requirements and influence teams to decouple from dependencies
· Eliminate problems that stifle innovation or cause customer dissatisfaction.
· Responsible for complex account relationships and initiatives for which you define the strategy and goals, often in the absence of SOPs.
· Provide tailored recommendations that improve the commercial alignment with our EV partners.
· Works to ensure contractual and commercial agreements are aligned and support the overall program time lines and goals.
· Define and scale new opportunities for accounts
· Understand and contribute to cadenced reporting and narratives (e.g., Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, Public Relations/FAQ, etc.) and are able to present them effectively to Directors.
· Make trade-offs (e.g., short vs. long-term account needs).
· Proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
· Streamline or eliminate excess process, holding partner teams accountable for improvement.
· Work from the Customer perspective, sometimes with multiple customers and competing priorities.
· Drive a Safety-First culture when working throughout all aspects of the business.
· Master’s Degree
· Experience managing medium to large projects across multiple teams
· Experience managing complex account problems, defining new business opportunities, escalating problems, defining goals, holding teams accountable, and finding solutions to difficult situations
· Contract negotiation experience related to complex commercial arrangements.
· Willingness to travel to corporate locations to gain voice of the customer data, support problem solving initiative, and organizational workshops.
· Experience leading cross-functional projects with demonstrated expertise in leading without authority to achieve results.
· Experience negotiating with vendors.
· Attention to detail, ability to balance multiple work assignments
· Experience analyzing significant amounts of data from disparate sources and turn that analysis into a recommendation.
· Writing skills and capabilities to help explain issue statuses, recommendations, and results while using data to drive content.
· Experience leading new or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of experience in program management with direct account responsibility
· 3+ years of experience in leadership and team management