About Amazon Business
Amazon Business launched in 2015, has now reached a $10 billion annual sales run rate and is serving millions of private and public sector organizations in eight countries. We are adding customers rapidly, including large educational institutions, national, state and local governments, and more than half of the Fortune 100. These organizations are choosing Amazon Business because it increases transparency into business spending and streamlines purchasing, with increased control. For more information, please visit amazon.com/business.
Are you ready for the next step in your career building on your skills as a leader, innovator, and collaborator? Are you ready to work with colleagues that will inspire and challenge you to have fun, work hard and make history? Are you ready to help unlock a $2 trillion (yes trillion) business opportunity for Amazon? We may have a role for you…
The Amazon Business (AB) seller marketplace team is driving next wave of growth for our Business Customers’ (Enterprise and SMB) purchasing needs, by relentlessly innovating across a broad spectrum of functions including expanding our selection, offering everyday low prices, improving our world-class delivery, and providing exceptional convenience. We are disrupting the status quo by delivering new, efficient purchasing solutions to individual proprietors, to small-medium businesses, to global organizations (and everything in between).
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Sales Manager to lead our Laboratory and Scientific 3P Seller segment, including Strategic Account Development, Mid-market recruitment, and Mid-market growth. The ideal candidate will have experience in sourcing Laboratory and Scientific supplies, knowledge of key requirements for a wide spectrum of end users including K-12 and university educational environments, as well as research labs and commercial applications of life sciences, chemicals, and capital investment products.
In this role, you will:
· Collaborate with Amazon Business Category teams to create and execute a selection expansion approach to delight our end customers; manage a team of high-performing reps to recruit and grow our B2B 3P Sellers; drive account strategies which will enable our Sellers to maximize their success selling via Amazon Business; and innovate new business models with Sellers and Customers to build breakthrough business opportunities for Amazon Business.
· Set overall business direction for the Laboratory and Scientific Seller segment, including selection strategy and recruitment and growth targets across our largest OEM, Brand, and Distributor sellers, as well as for our mid-market sellers.
· Create a clear value proposition of selling to business customers on Amazon and making best use of Amazon Business features
· Our Sellers are our Customers, and we want you to bring a passion for their success to this role, with a focus on helping them launch effectively, steadily increase their business, and improve their experience selling with Amazon Business.
· Meet or exceed team quotas, revenue targets, feature adoption goals, and operational metrics designed to deliver superior value to our Customers.
· Develop and execute cross-functional concepts for major new GTM capabilities, such as pricing, services capabilities, or major seller partnerships, and work cross-functionally to implement and operationalize these breakthrough ideas.
· Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting seller business performance and communicate the Voice of the Seller internally as an input into product development and process improvement.
· Master's Degree/MBA
· Experience in the Laboratory and Scientific environment, especially as regards product uses, specifications, and procurement processes used by commercial and governmental organizations.
· Familiarity with selling on Amazon and tools in Seller Central
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
· Creative, has initiative, and can constructively advocate and innovate on behalf of the customer
· Superior communication and presentation skills
· Success managing dynamic account portfolios with successful history meeting quotas
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree
· 6+ years B2B of sales experience, proven ability to manage to quotas and goals
· Familiarity with a wide array of lab products, their requirements, and the regulatory environment that influences purchasing decisions
· Attention to detail. You prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing the ability to dive deep
· Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Salesforce, Tableau, and Excel
· B2B Sales, Key Account Management, success managing dynamic account portfolios
· Effective C-Level communication skills Business development/project management/sales/account management experience
· Relationship management, contract negotiation, people management
· Experience using analysis, reporting, and forecasting to gather data for making business decisions
· Strong analytical skills, Microsoft Excel power user
· Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
· Problem-solving passion and service orientation
· Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely with sellers and stakeholders teams