Are you ready to re-invent the world of subscription boxes? According to recent research, subscription business grew revenues about 5 times faster than S&P 500 company revenues and U.S. retail sales (18.1% versus 3.3% and 4.1% respectively) from January 1, 2012 to June 30, 2018. It’s estimated that the subscription box business is a $5B industry. Subscription and Delivery Boxes (SnDBox) is a new team that is building the technology, customer-facing features, and selection for a marketplace of sellers of subscriptions to sell curated products across toys, beauty, grocery, and other categories. Our mission is to simplify discovery, enable expert curation, and boost seller reach.
Amazon SnDBoX (Subscription and Discovery Boxes) is looking to hire an Account Manager with a strong interest in Marketing to take a leading role in launching sellers and growing their businesses. In this hybrid role, the Account Manager will be expected to coordinate activities across a portfolio of sellers including launch, ongoing operations, promotions, education on new functionality, and marketing efforts. In addition, the Account Manager will need to partner with a few, select large (“head”) sellers to help ensure their consistent growth. This may involve coordinating with multiple internal category teams as our sellers run the gamut from Pets and Kids, to Snacks, Beauty and Lifestyle offerings. This job is ideal for a candidate with a strong interest in Marketing as he/she will be expected to actually execute some marketing campaigns, working alongside the SnDBox marketing team.
This is as close to a startup as you’ll find in Amazon and the ideal candidate should therefore feel comfortable taking initiative and feel comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. You have 3+ years in Account Management, Client Services, or Inside Sales, including working with senior level contacts from key accounts. You should have a sustained track record of delivery and must be a quick learner who can absorb the nuances of the subscription business. Finally, you are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
· Work with the operations team to shepherd sellers through the onboarding process
· Manage sellers through ongoing operations including customer service, operational, reporting, and marketing issues
· Develop overall growth targets for sellers, including growth strategies for featured “head” sellers
· Liaise with Product team to identify and prioritize seller needs, and train sellers on new program features and functionality
· Ensure sellers are fully leveraging SnDBox and Amazon marketing levers to meet or exceed annual targets
· Assist with seller marketing efforts, including (1) coordinating seller participation in Amazon site-wide marketing events, (2) planing and executing “head” seller marketing efforts including email campaigns, (3) developing and execute strategy for select seller site-merchandising marketing activities, include how our sellers should use on-Amazon.com campaigns in conjunction with their launch, participation in special events, or introductory pricing, and (4) coordinating production of creative assets, and running A/B tests to optimize growth.
· Provides actionable feedback and suggestions around, sales and account management process and strategy, as well as provide input into seller marketing operations and strategy.
· Review and uncovers new business opportunities based on key metrics, historical data, and trends to further drive team goals.
· 3 to 5 years in account/vendor management and/or marketing
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated success in supporting multiple deals and partnerships
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence team stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
· Prior experience in a subscription business
· Background with or basic understanding of marketing channels and programs including email, display advertising and social media
· Be great fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.”
· Be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
· Be scrappy. The SnDBox team operates like a start-up – we’re moving fast and learning and adapting along the way. We’re looking for people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and solve a variety of problems, not people who say “that’s not my job.”
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years in account/vendo management, consulting, and/or marketing
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
· Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment