Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. The Ops Manager within the Account Health Support team acts as the primary interface between Amazon and our business partners. We obsess over providing world class support to Sellers selling on the Amazon platform. We strive to predict the Seller's needs before they recognize they may have a problem, create innovative self-help tools, and provide solutions to help our partners better serve their customers.
The AHS Ops Manager is accountable for creating a high performance culture that motivates AHS Specialists to demonstrate levels of ownership, accountability and seller advocacy that enable the vision of a remarkable Seller experience. As a front line manager of 12-15 Specialists, the AHS Ops Manager will provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to drive achievement of individual and team performance goals. The AHS Ops Manager is responsible for providing timely and efficient service to our Sellers by optimizing the productivity of team that results in a perfect Seller Interaction, while adhering to AHS program processes that protect the buyer experience and Amazon from bad debt. Other responsibilities include interviewing, training, performance management, managing the global quality audit process, and employee engagement.
Position Description: Account Health Support Ops Manager
LOCATION: Tokyo, Japan
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: English & Japanese
The successful candidate will have a commitment to achieving excellence in the Specialists and Seller experience, and therefore a strong record of customer focus, a passion for employee development and a keen interest in process improvement are key requirements for this role.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Manages performance and behavior of 12-15 Account Health Support Specialists through effective 1:1 meetings, coaching, and mentor-ship.
· Direct line management for the Account Health Support Specialist role.
· Implements performance goals, monitors and evaluates against pre-set goals implementing action plans to resolve performance barriers as needed.
· Reviews and analyzes performance metrics to identify areas of opportunity that will drive performance improvement.
· Ensures that Specialists have a clear understanding of the performance and behavior criteria and how it impacts program performance and the overall Seller experience.
· Partners with AHS Program Management to execute daily staffing plans, identifies and reports significant volume and capacity changes, making just-in-time adjustments to ensure staffing requirements are met to achieve service levels goals.
· Manages schedules, monitors adherence, time-off planning, and attendance.
· Participates in daily Kaizen events to identify and implement process improvement change initiatives.
· Conducts Seller interaction quality audits and provide coaching to improve performance.
· Maintains a positive and professional demeanor always portraying the company in a positive light and effectively managing sensitive issues.
· Demonstrates excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using departmental resources, policies and procedures.
· Liaise with other departments such as Transaction Risk Management Systems, Seller Experience, Seller Support, and Bad Debt.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, we request to visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Solution focused, with passion for people leadership and a drive to nurture a culture of innovation reinforcing the value of the Amazon leadership principles. Excels at providing coaching and mentoring to others with a goal of achieving success. Advocate for Specialist engagement, fostering teamwork and collaboration towards achieving team goals. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead by example, motivate others to excellence and insist on the highest standards around performance, behaviors, and Seller interactions.
· Business proficient fluency in both written and verbal English.
· 3-5 years of previous experience in people management.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
· Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Demonstrates ability to analyze data, using the data to drive decision making.
· Fosters a positive team environment and collaboration within the site.
· Easily approachable, cooperative, and a team player, easily gains the trust and support of Associates and peers.
· Demonstrates effective, clear and professional written and oral communication.
· Strong prioritization and time management skills, with a high degree of flexibility.
· Ability to embrace constant change with flexibility and good grace.
· Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs.
· Demonstrates effective communication, composure, and professional attitude.