Would you like to own driving revenue and customer engagements for a leader in the Cloud Computing business? Would you like to be part of a rapidly growing team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with nonprofit organizations?
Nonprofit organizations are rapidly adopting AWS as part of their mission impacting IT strategies. They are quickly recognizing the value of AWS by reducing capital expenditures, driving efficiencies, thereby allowing them to put money back into their missions. Do you have the sales experience, the technical background and customer relationships to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider to this important customer base?
As a Mid-Market Sales Executive with Amazon Web Services focusing nonprofit market you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy that focuses on customer success, building mind share and driving broad use of Amazon’s utility computing services to support their mission.
The ideal candidate will have sales and/or consulting experience within this market, a strong understanding of segment-specific challenges, strong relationships within the customer base and the consulting community that serves this market.
The Mid-Market Sales Executive will be a strong analytical thinker who thrives in fast-paced dynamic environments, has a strong technical interest, and a passion for nonprofits. She/he should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute an account coverage plan with aggressive revenue targets. A background that includes strategic engagement within the mission areas at the CxO level and with IT leadership and architects, will be critical to success.
Roles & Business:
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory and within the industry vertical
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services specific to the CxO level.
· Accelerate customer adoption.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
· Manage contract negotiations.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Define strategy to exceed revenue targets and grow account base
· 3+ years experience supporting non-profit organizations
· Develop C-level relationships, ensure customer satisfaction, and accelerate technology adoption
· Leverage existing customer and partner eco-system to drive growth
· Manage and progress sales pipeline and forecast accurately
· Establish executive partner relationships to encourage joint selling opportunities
· Lead contract negotiations
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
· Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Understanding of AWS technologies and value proposition
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· 5+ years of experience presenting to executives, IT Management, and developers
· 7+ years direct field selling experience working with enterprise accounts in consulting or technology sale
· BA/BS degree required or equivalent experience