At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team build a best-in-class professional services program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees, applicants, job seekers and candidates globally, this is your chance to make history by joining the amazing Disability & Leave Services Team.
The Accommodation Consultant (AC) will work directly with employees and senior leadership in providing ADA accommodations. The AC will be the primary contact for the employee as they proceed through the accommodation process. This role expects exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and a customer service focus that employees expect from Amazon.
· Serve as a subject matter expert on the accommodations process as well as state and federal disability laws
· Provide end-to-end case management including engaging the employee, vendors, work location and other stakeholders
· Educate and train employees and HR on aspects of accommodation, return to work process and case complexities.
· Maintain current status with case load that will fluctuate during periods of high volume such as peak, prime day, new site launches, staffing changes, etc.
· Participate in other activities, projects and other growth initiatives within the DLS program
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Ability to travel as appropriate (up to 25% of the time)
· A general understanding of ADA, FMLA, statutory leaves and disability policies and laws, in addition to understanding the job accommodation processes including utilization of internal resources
· PHR and/or CPDM certification
· Ability to work with all levels of business
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal direct supervision
· Strong time management and ownership of deliverables
· Ability to prioritize, manage and complete work/projects with tight deadlines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $48,800/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
· 1+ year(s) experience working with employees on disability, leave of absences, human resources, or employee relations functions
· Computer operating and case management system or HRIS skills
· Intermediate experience working with Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint