Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
World Wide Public Sector is looking for an exceptional Technical Program Manager to support Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and audit activities for AWS services in our Federal Delivery Organization (FDO). The FDO is responsible for program management activities across a portfolio of Federal programs, and activities include managing multiple concurrent region expansion work packages, task orders, maintaining the program’s integrated master schedule, risk mitigation strategies, Assessment and Authorization activities, quality assurance and IV&V functions.
This position is based in the Herndon, VA/Washington Metro Area (WMA). You will join a cadre of program management, technical business development, and information security professionals to establish a proactive, results-driven team focused on improving our ability to deliver new capabilities to our customers. As a Technical Program Manager on the A&A team, you will spend the majority of your time working with technical business leaders (such as hardware and software engineering leaders, and technical program managers) to develop and produce A&A related documentation to ensure efficient service onboarding.
The role requires working experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), System Security Plans (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTM), familiarity with the customer environment, and an understanding of existing AWS services. You will draw upon an information security background, critical thinking, and analytic problem solving skills to support A&A activities, recommend improvements as required, and effectively support the delivery of industry leading, secure services to our Federal customers.
Core Responsibilities include:
· Coordinate amongst government customers to produce and implement system security packages across cloud infrastructure platforms.
· Work across a wide variety of AWS teams to establish and maintain information security documentation, including security questionnaires, SSPs, and SCTMs.
· Responsible for reviewing proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential system security risks, and resolving integration issues related to the implementation of new services with the existing cloud infrastructure.
· Implement higher level system security requirements such as those resulting from laws, regulations, or government directives by developing long range plans for security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with cloud infrastructures’ vulnerabilities or perceived vulnerabilities.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies
· Experience designing and implementing systems using AWS
· Familiarity with Information Security or Audit frameworks
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 5+ years of Assessment and Authorization experience in a related industry (experience owning a program/product/feature, scoping requirements, planning milestones, project management and working with technical teams)
· 1+ years of familiarity with the processes and documentation required to articulate the appropriate system security products or services with stakeholder government customers to define a project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
· 1+ years experience architecting information systems for authorization under ICD 503 or DoD Risk Management Framework.
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level with Polygraph.