Amazon’s Transportation Risk & Compliance team identifies and mitigates risk in a rapidly growing and complex, global environment. To support the business, our primary mission is to perform independent and objective, risk-based assessments of Amazon business partners’ activities and related controls with the goal of improving operations, compliance, risk management and overall success of the program.
Additionally, this role will work closely with Amazon Logistics and Transportation businesses, Compliance, Legal, Finance, and HR teams to implement world-class customer-centric compliance & risk management tools and processes.
If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you’re looking for!
TRC is seeking a Senior Program Manager with a strong background managing Third Party (3P) Payroll and Time and Attendance Providers. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with strong background in 3P Payroll and Time & Attendance Provider Vendor Management (ADP or Paycom experience is a plus). This position will require high level strategic thinking to deep-dive analytical problem solving. You must be a strong project manager who can drive selection, standardization, and systematic controls through 3P providers globally. You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and enjoy working on different problems every day. You must be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated payroll issues in business terms.You are a leader who can influence people, prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly and understand how to deliver outstanding results within a strong and talented team, as well as being able to drive change across other organizations.
Your program management practices set a great example to others. You routinely and efficiently deliver the right things. You define clear goals and objectives. You drive crisp decisions in your program area about what projects move forward and in what priority order. You proactively identify risks and bring them to the attention of your team and stakeholders with plans for mitigation before they become roadblocks.
· 6+ years program mgmt experience.
· 4+ years of 3P Provider Vendor Management (ADP/Paycom a plus)"
· Operations, payroll and/or audit team management
· Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
· Experience in the transportation industry
· Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment.
· Technical aptitude and familiarity with the utilization of complex databases.
· Continuous improvement background (i.e. 6-sigma, ISO, Total Quality, etc.).
· Demonstrated leadership skills when confronted with difficult situations exhibiting ability to keep the team focused and motivated
· Unblocks teams and increases the speed of delivery/Able to find a path forward in difficult situations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· A BA or BS in Business, Economics, Operations, Finance, or another relevant discipline.
· 4+ years of 3P Provider Vendor Management ( Payroll and/or Time & Attendances a plus)
· Knowledge of wage and hour laws and regulations governing the United States; California specifically is a plus
· Knowledge of audit program management lifecycle, and skilled at project management tools
· Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-organizational problems and drive them to resolution
· Excellent written and verbal communications in English
· Proven history of having worked effectively across cross-functional teams and business functions
· Self-starter, possess flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
· Analytical decision making with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion
· Enthusiasm to work hard and make history