Amazon’s vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon's diverse online business requires VAT filings in a number of jurisdictions across Europe and creates specific VAT compliance obligations relating to third parties (3P) that sell via our websites. These 3P obligations are the responsibility of the European VAT Compliance & Controllership team (VAT C&C) which is located primarily in London and Bratislava. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic 3P Compliance VAT Administrator to join our VAT C&C team in Munich. The role will involve working within the part of the team that is responsible for checking the VAT compliance status of our 3P sellers, providing 3P data to tax authorities, and controlling the access of 3P sellers to our websites. Work may also include some mainstream VAT compliance activities, supporting internal and external audits, and liaising with colleagues in VAT C&C as well as Tax and the wider business – you will need an understanding of financial systems, and technical accounting awareness for this work. You may also be involved in projects that have a VAT compliance impact. You will be expected to take ownership of your activities, identify process improvement opportunities for existing process and controls, and drive positive change across the organization. One of the main responsibilities will be to handle all the communication, via Fax, phone and emails, with German Tax offices and maintain good relationship with these Tax offices.
Working within the EMEA VAT C&C team:
· Confirm the VAT registration and compliance status of 3P sellers;
· Provide transactional and other data to tax authorities in respect of 3P sellers;
· Manage and control access of 3P sellers to Amazon marketplaces based on VAT compliance status and requests from tax authorities;
· Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions;
· Respond to VAT compliance queries from Amazon businesses operating across Europe;
· Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
· Provide support to colleagues throughout the business and, in particular, accounting groups;
· Participate in cross-functional projects;
· Actively map VAT compliance processes and identify areas for improvement;
· Communication with German tax offices
· Ensure proper and professional relationship with Tax offices is maintained
• Work experience working in a multi-national finance and/or VAT compliance function;
• Part of full professional tax or finance qualifications or similar credentials an advantage;
• Technical background and programming (SQL, VBA, Python etc.)
· Previous experience related to managing communication with govermental organizations
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including excellent command English and German.
· Organised, analytical and methodical with strong attention to detail;
· A proven team player with a hands-on team-oriented attitude;
· Able to take ownership of work, implement change, and demonstrate a problem solving approach;
· Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards;
· Some knowledge and experience of finance or VAT;
· Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure;
· A strong desire to drive results and exceed expectations;
· Clear, crisp, and proactive documentation of operational procedures required to tackle known risk related patterns;
· Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority
· Strong computer, particularly MS Excel skills.