Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Digital Imaging Services (DIS) team handles the post-production activity for Amazon product images to provide consistent imagery, remove distractions and enable customers with their buying decisions. DIS handles the Retouch, Color Authoring (CA), 3D, Video Editing and Quality Audit services for both Studio and Vendor images. DIS also manages customers and vendor’s contacts support service for images related queries.
DIS Manager will be responsible for a team of 3D Jr. Artist and 3D Artist. The position requires a candidate with proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating team members to meet an extremely deadline-driven environment. The manager will be responsible for operational metrics, team productivity, staffing concerns, and oversight of process optimization and small scoping and implementation projects.
This manager will have full accountability for setting and meeting operational goals; capacity planning and forecasting; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; resolving problems; and staffing; as well as the development of staff and standard operating procedures. This is a fast-paced job where rapid adaptation and response to changing needs is critical. The position requires a self-motivated, independent, organized individual who can juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
In addition, this position would also require successful candidates to have the ability to engage with and coordinate with global teams.
Some of the key result areas include, but not limited to:
· Responsibility for meeting operational and business goals
· Driving appropriate data oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve process excellence
· Managing stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on operational milestones, process changes, escalations, etc.
· Ensuring high quality standards for interviewing and hiring employees at all levels of the organization
· Executing specific people programs on coaching and development and team engagement
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Masters’ Degree/MBA
· Exposure to working with technology teams and solving operational issues using technology
· Exposure to working with global teams/stakeholders
· Experience in Managing Creative Teams
· Bachelor degree in any stream
· 6 years of work experience with at least 2 years of direct people management experience
· Has a background in quantitative decision making, ability to drive business/operations metrics, and driving adoption of different tools and resources
· Has managed operational processes, with SLA responsibility and stakeholder management
· Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a large workforce, comprised of a mix of employee and contingent workers
· Demonstrated leadership with a bias towards action, supporting a culture of ownership and learning
· Excellent written and oral communication skill