The Amazon EC2 team is seeking front-end software developers who are passionate about creating beautiful, customer-facing products and rapidly innovating to improve experiences for millions of users. Come join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) development team building web applications that enable customers to launch and manage Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) instances and other AWS resources. Be a builder on team that is using modern front-end technologies and inventing new ways to delight customers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a global cloud network operating at massive scale serving millions of customers, from individuals, to startups, to enterprise businesses. Each day, millions of developers execute billions of transactions worldwide on the AWS Cloud.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
In this role, you will:
· Develop new features and improvements for AWS consoles such as the VPC Console and Outposts Console.
· Work closely with Product Managers and UX designers to build web-based products that are easy to understand and improve the cloud resource management experience for AWS customers.
· Own customer-facing features from design, implementation, testing, and through deployment.
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
· Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
· Own quality and operational reliability of your products.
· You understand the trade-offs between usability, performance, internationalization and localization, cross-browser compatibility, obfuscation and optimization, and cutting edge customer interface implementation.
· You work in collaboration with UI Designers on website interface and interactivity.
· You understand how web applications work, perform, and scale. You are comfortable with troubleshooting and problem analysis.
· You recognize and adopt best practices in front-end development: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code that functions well across browsers.
· You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
· You recognize and utilize user interface design patterns to solve business problems with highly accessible and usable web applications.
· You build an understanding of what customers do and why they do it to ensure the solution meets their needs and is fit for purpose.
· You own problems not the solution, stepping back to understand the broader customer context.
· You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
· You anticipate and prevent future problems from occurring.
· Previous related experience in front end
· Knowledge and appreciation of web standards.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelor's of higher degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related STEM degree
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, object-oriented design and problem solving