Have you ever thought about helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
The Amazon Web Services team is innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed systems and delivering the next generation of cloud computing that supports public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront.
In 2013, AWS launched 280 services, but in 2016 alone we released nearly 1000. We hold high standards for our computer systems and the services we deliver to our customers: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, all while functioning at massive scale; our employees are smart, passionate about the cloud, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with.
On a “typical” day, support engineers might Dive Deep to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss new approaches to automate operational issues. You'll become a master at AWS Services platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's remarkable growth. You will measure your success and it will be visible.
We’re looking for technology leaders for the largest storage service on the internet. This position is perfect for you if you’re interested in creating tools and automation so that engineers can be as hands-off as possible. We want our service to be as autonomous as possible, and that can only be done by having bright individuals who understand how to Think Big, simplify solutions to complex unprecedented problems, all in pursuit of the best customer experience possible. Our environment is built for engineers who flourish in creating automation to reduce the operational workload rather than simply performing operational work all day.
You should be an engineer who is focused on developing internal services written in Python, Java, C or a similar language. You also have an appropriate understanding of Linux, networking and cloud services.
Successful candidates will join an elite engineering team, provide troubleshooting and operations support, and innovate to replace operational tasks with scripts and code.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· Masters or PhD in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
· Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
· Experience with a modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java
· Experience operating large scale systems
· A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, preferably including hands-on experience with load balancers, switches, routers, etc.
· Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
· Experience with the Linux Operating System and its command line tools
· Experience with coding in at least one of these languages - Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Minimum of 6 months of experience in one of the following technical competencies: Operating Systems, Networking, Scripting, and/or general computer