Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, systems engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Systems Development Engineer you will:
· Have end to end ownership of major engineering projects within the Corporate Infrastructure space
· Build and rollout systems to multiple global regions
· Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality
· Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and meet their demands
· Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to in life operations
· Create and update our infrastructure and security standards and ensure that the systems adheres these standards
· Review and implement changes on the systems utilizing thorough test plans
· Work closely with our automation teams to assist in defining the tools we require
· Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our system quality and reliability
· Work with a wide range of technologies
· Work on a variety of hardware platforms across multiple vendors
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of delivering large-scale engineering projects. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph.
Ideal candidate profile
· 0-1+ years design, implementation or consulting experience with distributed software applications and architectures.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Linux, hands on and related debugging
· Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Undergraduate or graduate technical degree required in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field