Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
The Team: We're a small, innovative team inside AWS working on green-field services to improve operational tooling and automation across the most popular AWS services.
We are looking for Developers who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. In this role, you will work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed Developers that like to have fun in a start-up like environment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· 3+ years of software development experience
· 3+ years of working with Linux operating systems
· Experience working in start-up mode building new products and services from the ground up.
· Intermediate knowledge of computer networking concepts and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
· Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational/non-relational databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Experience in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling, systems testing, and enterprise application integration
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field