About these internships:
Whatever your background, if you're motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it's only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we're all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt to changes quickly and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join the unique world of Logistics in European Operations as interns in 2019. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our Operations activities.
These internships are project-based educational opportunities intended to allow future managers to discover how we lead and develop our teams of associates. Interns will learn how our managers effectively engage their teams to realize their full potential, ensure their performance in order to fulfill our customers' expectations, encourage a safe and productive environment, and more within our large and complex fulfillment centers.
As an intern you might join one of the following teams: inbound (managing truck reception and unloading, registering products in our systems, stowing products and the management of inventory space), outbound (after a customer orders an item, the picking, rebin, packing, and shipping), ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence Services – benchmarking, sharing best practices and working on continuous improvement projects for various sites) and ICQA (inventory control and quality assurance).
You will put your analytical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that the Fulfillment Centers provides to our customers. This will include:
· Diving deep into data, mapping processes and problems,
· Offering and testing potential solutions and implementing the best one(s),
· Interacting with highly efficient managers, technology development teams, and front line associates to think broadly about solutions to the most complex business and operational challenges faced by one of the world's fastest growing operations network.
We want to hire the world's brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers. We are looking for forward-thinkers who take a continuously proactive approach and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
Ideal candidate profile
· You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in logistics, supply chain, production, engineering or a related field.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and local language: here Polish).
· You have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
· You are willing to work to flexible schedules / shifts hours
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the desire to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
· You should have strong decision making skills, and use sound logic to communicate.
· Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you are president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in charity work or a group project
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd