Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to outstanding esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Learn about all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
We are focused on building a new generation of search experience for Twitch. We are helping our customers discover relevant content in a natural way. We build systems that are distributed on a large-scale and able to handle hundreds of gigabytes of data traffic. As an Engineer on the Twitch Search team you will work with a team of accomplished engineers in building and operating scalable retrieval and ranking systems using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to improve search relevance, and working with product management and applied science teams to design new services.
· Design, build, and maintain performant, responsive major software web services and large scale applications
· Embrace engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
· Produce clean, high quality code, tests, and well written documentation
· Actively engage in code and design reviews with peers and partners
· Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
· Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
· MS or PhD in CS or related field
· 2+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience in one or many of the following areas
· Familiarity with AWS services
· Search systems such as Elastic, SORL, Lucene, Algolia
· In memory key value stores such as memcache, Redis
· SQL and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB / MySQL
· Building large scale data pipelines
· Working in high energy small startup environments
· Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
· Demonstrated experience in making contributions to open source projects.
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
· 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
· Flexible PTO
· Commuter Benefits
· Amazon Employee Discount
· Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
· Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
· Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
· 1+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience of Software development in one or more of the general purpose programming languages: Go, C/C++, Python, Java
· Experience developing applications or web services at scale
· Desire and ability to write production quality code
· Passion for operational excellence and continuous process improvement