Amazon Last Mile Technology is the team that enables super-fast delivery for Amazon. We build products and technology that enables the stations and drivers to deliver your packages, food, and restaurant deliveries from their last stop to your home. We need software development managers to lead several new initiatives.
The Special Program team takes on new initiatives and new businesses within Amazon's rapidly growing global Last Mile network.
The successful candidate will:
· Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a technology team, including the mobile experience and its direct service dependencies, and setting the technical vision for developing our systems to serve Amazon's needs.
· Hire and manage great software engineers that are responsible for developing and maintaining software that optimizes our transportation network.
· Be an advocate for engineering and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
· Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
· Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
· Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
· Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
· Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
· Proven experience establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence.
· Experience shipping software for mobile clients.
· Proven experience in innovative business practices that have been game changing for business evolution.
· Experience building strategy and executing it with speed and continuous improvement.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· A minimum of 3 years of management experience.
· A minimum of 7 years of relevant development and design experience.
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
· Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results.
· Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
· Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon.