Amazon.com's long-term vision is to enable a seamless experience for all Amazon customers worldwide on any Amazon website or device, in any language and for any culture. This extends to make products from any market available in any market.
Our team is responsible for building next generation services that will re-define international trade at Amazon. We want to improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase global merchandise. We are building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
· Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
· Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
· Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
You're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue its exponential growth.
About us together:
We're going to enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We’re going to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency. Along the way, we're going to face seemingly impossible problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll all understand why. We'll be the dream team.
The ideal engineer for this space will be highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience, be inventive, and have a strong track record of delivery. You also have a pragmatic approach and iterative approach to building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering software and working effectively with external and internal teams.
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're worried about technology and experience requirements? Don't be - we're looking for smart, proven, engineers; if you're the right candidate, we're flexible.
· Master’s degree in computer science, Math or Physics or related field.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
· A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
· A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently. You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
· 3+ years of software development experience.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java.
· Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
· Experience with Agile/Lean (Kanban, SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems.