The Last Mile team helps get packages from delivery stations to a customer’s doorstep. Our tech team is here to provide new innovations for customers; for example, we are building a globally connected fleet of smart delivery vehicles, both traditionally gasoline powered and future electrical powered vehicles.
Our team consists of technologists who are combining cutting edge vehicle IoT technologies (sensors, embedded devices, wearables, and robotics), real-time data streams (video, vehicle telematics, location, and presence), together with machine learning models and algorithms – to create solutions that allow us to deliver faster and better.
Playing a key role in the Connected Vehicle team, we are looking for Software Development Engineer for developing solutions to access and utilizing existing array of sensors within our current fleet of delivery vehicles; and help us design the future fleet of delivery vehicles for the next decades to come.
You will fully understand the integration from hardware, OS, to platform-based SDKs for advanced vehicle technologies in the field today. You will have understanding of WiFi, BLE/Bluetooth, as well as considerations for device CPU, storage, networking (especially handling transient network conditions), and power usage. You will bring experience of developing similar applications at scale, preferably in consumer or industrial verticals.
This role requires autonomy and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product. You will need to work efficiently to build the right things with limited guidance, raising the bar to create an amazing experience for our customers.
This position is based out of our Amazon Bellevue office.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
· 8+ years in developing multi-threaded mobile applications integrating hardware and software
· Experience in developing both web and mobile app with backend using AWS
· Experience in rapid prototyping and other fast iteration methods for product development
· Experience in building complex software systems and have successfully delivery to customers oriented applications deployments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
· Experience in utilizing design patterns, building end-to-end application focus on optimal user experiences
· Experience working with large-scale application performance optimization, and security implementation
· Excellent oral and written communication skills