This position can be located in Wisconsin, Seattle, Washington DC, Houston, Minneapolis, Denver, Boston
Are you excited about healthcare? Do you have experience with Epic? Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Do you have experience helping groups understand the various components of Epic architecture? Do you want to help health systems utilize cloud technologies? Do you understand the regulatory, security, and technical constraints that govern how health systems deploy technology? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Principal Solutions Architect for Epic to help accelerate our growing healthcare segment. As a Principal Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver a strategy to adapt broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, and Amazon CloudFront) to help health systems deploy their Epic workloads to the cloud. Your responsibilities will include: owning technical engagement around Epic architectures, engaging with senior EPIC technical stakeholders to evaluate and verify solution configurations, providing best practice guidance to EPIC customers, developing deep expertise in AWS technologies and how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform, and being a subject matter expert on other applications that interoperate with Epic to support clinical delivery.
As a Principal Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our customers while working with a world-class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practices within the AWS Solution Architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
· Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures that can support their Epic workloads
· Creating cloud architectures that enable integration with other clinical and non-clinical applications that need to interface with Epic
· Our Leadership Principles - It’s critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers
· The curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
With experience in the following key areas:
· Technical presentation experience – White board, small and large group presentations
· Technical – Experience Designing, Developing, Deploying and/or Migrating to Cloud environments
· Operational – Web site/services operations, management, and security
· Ability to travel 30%
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Intermediate/advanced knowledge of AWS services
· Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
· Prior experience in a healthcare provider organization
· Experience with HITRUST or HIPAA regulatory considerations
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 7+ years enterprise IT application experience that includes
· 3 or more years hands-on experience with one or more of the following Epic technologies: Chronicles, Cogito, Clarity, Caboodle, Hyperspace, AppOrchard
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in at least one of the following: software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, or systems architecture