About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them.
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer I, you will use your knowledge and specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality support for computer hardware, operating systems, or enterprise application software. You are able to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish the desired result. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems that do not have defined SOPs.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Network engineering and troubleshooting, data cabling and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments.
· Ensure infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available during production hours.
· Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
· Manage local technical projects.
· Maintain or create policies, procedures, and processes.
· Identify root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
· Ability to move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk for 10-12 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.