This position can be located remotely or at an Amazon office within the contiguous United States.
Expected travel 30 -40% once travel resumes.
Does the intersection of technology and business excite you? Do you believe cloud can transform how we think about security? Do you love driving the development of security solutions that accelerate your customers security mission? Do you have deep security industry experience to be able to see the solutions needed to solve tomorrow’s challenges? Do you know how to combine your industry expertise with our customers’ security needs to create world class solutions leveraging AWS Security Services, the broader AWS platform, ISV partners, and channel partners like Systems Integrators? Do you have solid experience understanding and influencing security-related technology decisions made by public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, non-profit entities, and non-governmental organizations)? Are you comfortable leading cross functional teams and building consensus to deliver world class solutions?
Amazon Web Services, the world’s leading provider of cloud computing services, seeks an experienced IT security technical sales leader (ideally with experience in the public sector or a regulated industry) to grow the security solution business across the Public Sector customer base in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean. This role works side by side with Worldwide Public Sector sales leaders, Solutions Architect managers, professional services practice managers, Marketing and Solution teams. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with customers to understand their security goals, translate those goals into solutions, work closely with AWS teams and partners to build the solutions, and develop the go-to-market strategy to scale those solutions through the field and with channel partners like Systems Integrators.
This role will also assist with account-level sales to help with specific customer engagements. You will function primarily as the glue between technical, partner, and sales teams to bring world class security solutions to market in public sector markets broadly across the globe. You will have a special emphasis on public sector customers in the Americas, but you will also work closely with colleagues in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and in the Asia-Pacific region. Together with those colleagues, and supported by your own set of technologically deep, security-focused Solutions Architects within the AWS Worldwide Public Sector team, you will help create and track goals, metrics, and reporting as you develop and execute a global strategy, with local customization as needed.
· Work with Worldwide Public Sector leaders and customer to develop a strategy to build and go to market with turnkey security solutions based on AWS services, AWS Security Services and ISV partners to meet strategic and customer security use cases.
· The strategy will include, but not be limited to, expanding the security solution business at AWS; evangelism, content development and delivery, and participating in industry events; specific security-related strategic customer engagements in a sales overlay model; and developing a channel to scale solutions across the business.
· Develop, elucidate, and bring back to the AWS engineering and security teams customer feedback and requirements to help AWS continually improve its capabilities, features, and delivery models.
· In sum, work closely with global WWPS account teams, marketing, sales and technical leadership to deliver solutions to customers that help them meet their security mission.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Experience working for a SaaS company and/or building a partner ecosystem with solutions or innovation programs
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges; strong analytical and excellent communications skills, verbal/presentation skills, writing skills, and attention to detail.
· Master’s degree in relevant business, computer science, and/or engineering disciplines.
· Rich experience with IT security, both technical and operational, as well as experience with compliance regimes and standards relevant to countries in the Americas, as well as commercial regimes such as PCI DSS, or equivalents.
· Proven hiring, team building, and management skills, including hiring, developing, and promoting the best, with full management control over organizations of five or more technical and/or business professionals.
· Passion for innovation, be comfortable defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity, have the ability to scale and influence broadly, and as well as the ability to dive deep.
· Enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment; outstanding interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills and experience.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s Leadership Principles for this role.
· Meets/exceed Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300.00 – 160,000.00 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
· 10+ years’ information security management, product management, business development, and/or operations experience in and around information technologies, with a special emphasis on knowledge and experience related to information security and compliance.
· 5+ years direct experience with IT security, defense in depth, compliance frameworks, cloud computing, service-oriented architectures, distributed systems, modern application architectures, and the like.
· 3+ years’ experience guiding customers and internal stakeholders around business and technical strategies in the security area, and to translate from business requirements to technical solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant business, computer science, and/or engineering disciplines.