Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a motivated and hands on Test Engineer to join the hardware test engineering team. The hardware test team is a multi-disciplinary environment of mechanical/electrical/software/quality engineers and technicians dedicated to advancing the knowledge of robotics and how millions of customer orders are fulfilled every day. The test engineer is responsible for the creation of test programs, plans and methods for subsystem verification tests and complete system verification and validation tests to support new technology and product development programs. The hardware test engineer will work with hardware development engineers, technical operations (manufacturing engineering), and solutions engineering to define, execute and report on verification and validation tests.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in testing of electro-mechanical systems
· Experience writing test reports analyzing data
· Experience in automation or robotic systems
· An understanding of rapid prototyping options
· Experience with Agile Development
· Experience with FEA (Ansys and/or SW Simulation)
· Understanding of safety systems
· Familiar with a manufacturing environment
· Basic coding/scripting capabilities
· Experience creating test plans derived from functional design requirements
· Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Experience working in new technology or product development
· Experience in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
· Design experience of simple parts, assemblies, and fixtures
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with Electro-Mechanical systems
· Ability and desire to work hands on in lab environments
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.