Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Partner Solutions Architect - Strategic Deals, within our Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Channels & Alliances business function.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for a global systems integrator, a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with key accounts, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption in the Large Enterprise segment.
The ideal candidate will possess technical skills in software architecture, information security, compliance initiatives, software deployment, and cloud economics that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with customers and account management/field reps/pre-sales architects. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. If you are a problem solver with broad technical skills and have the ability to drive technical initiatives and cloud migration projects with the GSIs, you will enjoy this role.
· Help set a strategic business & technology development plan for Strategic Deals with the partner and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction
· Build a set of best practices around deal making and bid management for our largest deals and replicate across geographies
· Work with Geo level and Country Partner management, and AWS account teams in a highly collaborative operating model to help develop pipeline specific to the partner
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral
· Liaise with the Partner’s field pre-sales organization, channels, and end customers to help create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
· Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization
· Work closely with the partner’s customer base to ensure they are successfully using AWS and ensuring they have the technical resources required for successful adoption
· Help partners cost optimize their solutions using techniques like right sizing infrastructure, using higher level application services, using AWS cost explorer, recommending Reserved & Spot instances, etc
· Understand the technical requirements of the partner and work closely with the internal development team to help guide the direction of product offerings
· Technical leader and trusted adviser in the area of cloud computing for our partners
· Drive development of repeatable assets, solutions, products, and accelerators
· Assist global systems integrators and earn the trust of customers by delivering multi-day technical workshops, lead white boarding sessions, executing on Proof of Concepts, and contributing to the construction of performant, scalable, secure, and highly available AWS solutions
· Demonstrate a bias for action and deep technical skills by authoring joint technical whitepapers with GSIs, technical case studies, and enterprise focused blog posts
· Technology Breadth: Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
· Technology Depth: Demonstrate detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least four technology areas
Strong preference for this position to be in New York, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Boston, MA; Detroit, MI, but open to other regional Amazon locations within the United States. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations. Up to 50% travel (Post COVID-19 Travel Restrictions)
· Experience presenting and articulating complex concepts to cross functional audiences
· Experience designing and implementing enterprise-grade architectures for Fortune 1000 companies
· International technical sales and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
· Experience executing large scale data center transformation, ITO, or application migration and modernization projects
· Cloud and/or AWS experience to include use of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software
· AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level; and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, AWS Certified Devops Engineer - Professional
· Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· 10+ years' experience in solutions design, technical implementation, technology pre-sales, deal shaping for strategic opportunities and/or IT outsourcing (ITO)
· Bachelor degree in computer science, business, or math
· Experience driving, coordinating, and closing complex and strategic pre-sales deals with or within a Global Systems Integrator (GSI)
· Broad based technology experience in cloud computing, microservices, applications development, DevOps, IoT, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, containers, and management and monitoring
· 3+ years' experience leading white boarding sessions and delivering multi-day workshops to architects, operations staff, developers, and cloud technologist
· Experience working within the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) category