The vehicle routing team is at the heart of our growing logistics network at Amazon. We’re challenged to constantly improve and innovate on our vehicle routing/planning software and tools to better support fast delivery to customers. We are looking for a Front End Engineer with exceptional technical skills and a passion for delivering great software to join our team. We have among the most complex vehicle routing problems in the industry, including large, capacitive, commingled, and time windowed routing problems. We dispatch thousands of drivers a day to carry millions of packages to our customers.
Parcel delivery strategies have objectives that can often compete with one another. Most notably, ideal on-road and in-station processes may be incompatible; moreover, optimizing for the “happy path” leads to operational realities that are not resilient to failure (which are common during peak delivery times). In this role, you will create globally optimal route plans amidst these opposing forces. Vehicle routing touches sortation, containerization, picking, and dispatch. You will work at the intersection of these to build a plan that is efficient, fair, and executable. You will learn about optimization, routing algorithms, and building tools for operators to be successful each and every day around the globe. You will work with research scientists, senior engineers and product managers in a fast paced and growing environment, where ideas are prototyped, tested, and implemented.
· Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, sorting/searching algorithms, and order analysis
· Experience with distributed system design and development
· Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
· Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Able to work in a diverse team
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented design, design patterns, data structures and algorithms