Amazon Issue Management(AIM) builds the in-house software platforms, services, and applications that Amazon uses to manage issues and projects. Our services and applications are used by more than 150,000 unique internal users every day across the entire company, from a fulfillment center worker checking on a product in a warehouse to an on-call software engineer responding to an AWS problem. Our applications are among the top critical business apps used internally within Amazon. We are deeply passionate about creating meaningful and delightful user experiences for our customers.
AIM team is looking for a Frontend Engineer to join a brand new team in building enterprise-scale, mission-critical, multi-tiered web applications using the tools that are the well out in front on the technology wave. This application serves as a company-wide task and project management solution that enables Amazon teams to deliver results. And provides flexible tooling to capture, organize and visualize all project data in one tool, while also enabling teams to save time by automating routine processes.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
You are as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are. You know about and continually want to learn more about modern web frameworks. You strive to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers. You know about the nuances, pitfalls, strengths, and associated best practices of the various web application paradigms (single-page apps, MVC apps, static site generators, etc.). You’re determined to find the right approach even if it’s not your own. You believe in agile development and quick prototypes, and you strive to see your work in action. You are committed to building scalable, maintainable architectures, and to writing clean, readable code. In this role, you will be responsible for working with engineers, UX designers, and product managers across teams to develop friendly UI experiences. You will help to define best practices in software architecting and build a highly efficient and skilled team that will own the frontend of a fast-growing AWS service. You will also influence and help shape the growth of our team and our organization.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Issue Management.
· Passion for creating efficient, delightful, scalable, fast and accessible web interfaces.
· Ability to think big and help innovate in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience developing application using front-end frameworks like React, Angular, or Backbone
· Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Know when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
· Understanding of how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Familiar with how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
· Experience instrumenting applications with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
· Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
· 3+ years experience delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, and security compliant.
· 3+ years of experience in multi-tier web architecture