Would you like to be one of the leaders of a team that is delivering value to thousands of internal Amazonian employees on behalf of millions of AWS customers daily? We are the Specialists Platform team and we are responsible for building a platform that helps streamline communication channels within the AWS world-wide sales and specialists organizations. Our team enables Amazonians all over the world to find expertise as it relates to the hundreds of AWS services that are expanding daily.
We are looking for a passionate front-end software engineer to help define a new front-end experience for the platform to bring multiple different tools together into a unified interface. Our customer base gives us incredible leverage and the spotlight is often on us. We think in terms of a platform and not individual features.
As a team, we have React in our frontend backed by Java and Node. We highly value testability, maintainability, code quality, and cogent design.
In our team you will have the opportunity to:
· Build fascinating new web services and products
· Work directly with our customers and shape the long-term vision of the web stack
· Create and drive metrics to measure complexity
· Brainstorm, prototype, test, and iterate on new ideas
· Work with the latest technologies and tools
· Learn from others and help grow other team members
· See the positive impact of your work on real customers
· Brainstorm, design, and implement front end components and user experience for the Specialists Platform customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for two weeks every other month. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems don't fail. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
· Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience developing highly responsive, performant large-scale applications for consumers with different devices and network speeds
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Outstanding written, presentation and communication skills, evangelism experience a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience in Front-end web technologies and trends
· 3+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, client side security, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
· 3+ years of experience in multi-tier large scale web architecture