We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineer who has experience building Web Applications for enterprise class applications. The person chosen for this role will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our web team to build an application that our neighbors use to interact with their Ring Alarm system. You will be working with React, Angular, and other cutting edge technologies. You will work on a full stack team with other excellent engineers who are passionate about our products and their work. You will have responsibility to develop features from concept stage through delivery to users.
· Design and build of Web Application components for consumption and usage.
· Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through architectural input and mentoring peers
· Collaborate with a cross-functional agile teams to define, design, and ship new features
· Identify appropriate release branching and deployment strategies to ensure the quality delivery of software
· Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
· Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results.
· Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive improvements.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
· Experience with object-oriented design
· 3+ years of experience with Web architectures and services.
· 3+ years of experience with HTTP.
· 3+ years of experience using React, Vue.JS, or NodeJS.
· 3+ years of experience using Angular/JS 2 or above.
· 3+ years of experience using REST APIs.
· 3+ years of experience creating automated unit tests.
· 3+ years of experience developing Web applications for different client screen sizes.
· 3+ years using code versioning tools such as Git.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of experience in an Agile software development environment.
· 3+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.