Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? If so, the Global Specialty Fulfillment Technology (GSFTech) team is looking for an experienced Engineer with a strong record of achieving results, to create solutions from the ground up (no existing code base) to solve GSFs most complex operational challenges. The role requires heavy index on innovation, dive deep, bias for action, and ownership.
GSF obsesses over customers by offering the fastest delivery option available to Prime Customers with Prime Now. Not only do we deliver fast, we own the operation of some of ’s most innovative businesses including: Whole Foods Delivery, Treasure Truck, Pantry, Fresh, Pickup Points, and Specialty Handling (think delivering/unpacking/installing TVs).
As a key member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple problem spaces for a new platform that will redefine how we solve labor planning and scheduling at . You will be solving complex problems, working on difficult challenges in engineering as the scale and suite of our services grow. You will be responsible for engineering new web-based interfaces and features that will shape how specialty fulfillment evolves here at . You will be part of a new team charged with defining and building new solutions in a startup environment.
Join us, design and implement micro services that focus on revolutionizing the specialty fulfillment space!
· Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
· 5+ years of professional front end .
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Experience building safety critical to meet rigorous standards (e.g. aviation, automotive, rail, medical, CMMI or military)
· Experience working with cross-disciplinary research and teams on novel user experience solutions.
· Strong UX design skills
· Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front end .
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery, etc.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile.