We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Software Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Amazon is looking for a Software Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer . We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
What you will do here?
You will join a recently formed and rapidly expanding team that owns cross-platform on a brand new , Amazon Explore.
In this role you will:
· Have a -first mentality to prevent issues from affecting customers. You understand the nuances and challenges with cross-platform .
· Write maintainable code, perform peer code-reviews, write technical documents, and participate in technical discussions.
· Work in a team environment to collaborate and strive for consensus by making data-driven decisions.
· Advocate for code re-usability across multiple products. Have the ability to span the full-stack whenever necessary.
· Work in an Agile environment to continuously deliver high quality software.
· Have a high attention to detail, working closely with business and technical stakeholders to drive measurable results.
What you will get from us?
We are a team that cares about your work-life balance, while challenging you to solve problems at Amazon scale. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up environment where agile is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal and professional growth. You will build software that will improve people’s lives.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
· Experience with responsive and , as well as cross-browser and testing
· Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
· Track record delivering large customer features and front-end solutions in complex or ambiguous problem areas.
· Understands at a high level how front-end code and experiences are delivered to users (e.g., HTTPS, DNS, CDNs, app stores).
· Knowledge of tracking and analytics pixel implementation (Criteo, Rakuten, Adobe, GoogleAnalytics)
· Understands front-end software best practices including client side performance optimization and how to mitigate information security risks.
· Thinks in terms of architecture as well as code. Able to evaluate end-to-end designs for strengths and weaknesses (e.g., complexity, quality, scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.)
· Understands software engineering best practices (e.g. automated pipelines, Operational Excellence, Information Security) and sets front-end software and UX implementation standards
· Demonstrated UI implementation experience, and with a portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
· A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces
· Experience with streaming media and HTML5 multimedia features
· Familiarity with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebSockets and WebRTC
· Familiarity with React Native or equivalent technology
· Familiar emerging trends in desktop, web, and app development
· Experience with deployments, dev ops, and/or AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience