Where will Amazon’s growth come from next year? In five years? Which product lines are staged to quintuple in size, and which ones are mature? How will our customers react to changes in prices, or selection, or delivery speed?
These are among the most important questions in Amazon today. The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) team owns Amazon’s global inventory planning systems: SCOT decides what, when, who, where, and how much inventory to buy in order to meet customer needs as well as Amazon’s business goals. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems.
SCOT Finance is looking for a Financial Analyst to support the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team.
Responsibilities will include:
· Driving the operating profit improvement planning and reporting process with over $xB in annual financial impact to Amazon
· Working with business and finance leaders to establish and track goals across the SCOT organization
· Supporting the strategic planning cycle and communicating the road map to cross-functional stakeholders
· Forecasting and planning operating expenses for a large ($xxxMM) business unit
· Leading cross-functional projects and ad-hoc financial analyses
· Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field and/or Professional certification (CFA)
· Experience producing, interpreting, and communicating forecasts, budgets, and variance analyses
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, Cognos, Tableau)
· Advanced written and oral communication skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
· Minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.