Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Financial Analyst II - Accounting
Location: Seattle WA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Gather and analyze all qualitative and quantitative economic, financial and other data relating to G/L accounting and Accounts Payable processes in order to generate strategic and economic strategies for improving and/or expanding the capability of internal processing systems. 2. Prepare deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs; gather and analyze data; and use tools such as Advanced Excel, ADP, Access and research management tools to prepare highly complex financial presentations for management and stakeholders that identify process improvement opportunities for existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals, and deliverables.
3. Perform data reconciliation analysis between various systems, and audit our internal financial systems to ensure the integrity of financial data and structures.
4. Process vendor invoices, research and resolve vendor issues.
5. Reconcile vendor accounts.
6. Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure accounting and operational objectives are met.
7. Assist with recurring and ad hoc reporting requests.
8. Calculate and record accruals.
9. Participate in month-end close activities.
10. Identify process improvements and internal control weaknesses.
11. Perform account analysis to identify potential misstatements.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
A Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, Information Systems or related discipline and 1 year of experience in financial analysis, accounting analysis or data analysis. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, Information Systems or related discipline and 3 years of experience in financial analysis, accounting analysis or data analysis.
Experience must include:
(1) 1 year of experience leading process improvement projects by using performance metrics/methodologies to support operations and increase efficiency involving payroll, finance, investment research or accounting operations.
(2) 1 year of experience conducting sophisticated financial and root cause analysis and modeling involving large data sets to support management and investment research decisions by utilizing business intelligence (BI) tool, advanced Excel and related research management tools.
(3) 1 year of experience extracting data and analyzing high value transactions.
(4) 1 year of experience developing financial/business models in order to identify data trends that support management decision making.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.