Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the the Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF) Analytics team responsible for developing tools, standards, and collaborative global processes that drive meaningful financial storytelling and value-creating analysis for its partners and leaders across the organization.
Success in this role requires the capability to think creatively, structurally, and analytically amid ambiguity, and to simultaneously embrace the diverse roles of designer, engineer, and storyteller within a complex finance environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and better strategic decision making
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
· Assist in the development of all global planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
· Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
· Proven ability to support a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
· Required proficiency in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results · · 2+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CFA/CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
· Proven familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools and financial systems including, but not limited to, Cognos and providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience