This role can be based in London or Luxembourg
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Financial Analysts work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense between which details that make all the difference, and those that don’t add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Business partner with key stakeholders of EU Ultra Fast Fresh business by developing and providing robust financial analysis and articulate insights in a clear and concise manner
- Set up and manage the financial control and weekly/ month-end close process
- Support the planning processes for the exisitng business and future launches
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization of financial reporting processes using SQL, advanced MS Excel and other analytical tools
- Provide financial support on operational projects to drive improvements.
· MBA and/or Professional accounting certification with relevant experience
· Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders
· Ability to manage and prioritize workload and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
· Previous experience within a Manufacturing and Distribution Center processes and systems a plus
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
· Relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
· Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
· Strong technical background including Excel, Cognos, SQL, Essbase, and Oracle
· Fluency in English, both oral and written