Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading!
When we’re looking to hire at Amadeus, we look internally first. Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to drive your career, apply now!
Purpose of the Role
Revenue Accounting is a critical product for Airlines, as it ensures among others that invoicing and payments are correctly managed, between the airline and its distribution channel, or with airline partners and that the correct taxes are remitted to the governments/airports by the airlines.
After successful implementation of 1st launch partner, Saudia airlines, and British Airways last year, next big challenges for Revenue Accounting are to deliver the day 2 requirements for British Airways as well as implementing the new airlines in the pipe
The London team particularly focuses on British Airways and Alliance / Franchisee / Taxes specific requirements, as well as providing support to British Airways in their understanding of the product. It is composed of both Product Definition and Developers. The working methodology is fully agile, Scrum being used by the component team and Kanban by the maintenance team.
The solutions for Alliance / Franchisee / Taxes are fully specified in London and partly developed between Nice (France) and London.
It covers the processing/generation of specific invoices received/sent from/to OneWorld carriers, and the User Interface to Airline’s agents (workflow based), and aims at being re-used for other OneWorld carriers subscribing to Revenue Accounting.
BA specific process with their Franchisee is another product fully specified London, and the global tax framework (calculation and reporting) used by all airlines on the platform is the last piece handled in London
• Implement and develop enhancements designed by the Business analysts to the Revenue Accounting application
• Perform any software change with a high level of quality: good performance (scalability), good architecture (minimal maintenance, good operatibility)
• Master the application: any software changes must happen without unexpected impacts on side functionalities (testing at various stages of the delivery is expected, code reviews are required)
• Support business analysts and software development engineers to ensure a proper implementation of the designed solution
• Contribute to overall product quality by participating to the test strategy and defect investigation
• Be accountable for providing status to stakeholders on a regular and relevant basis at any stage of the engagement
• Highlight and escalate issues and risks early so they can be resolved or mitigated with minimal impact to the deliveries
2/ Maintain and optimise
• Troubleshoot and investigate defects raised by our customers to ensure compliance of our products to the specifications and system integrity
• Correct the application software to match the expected behaviour
• Interact with Production Operations to configure the application and possibly to recover from past defects
3/ Create and innovate
• Show creativity and autonomy in finding solutions to nontrivial problems
• Work closely with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and Quality Assurance to create high quality products and enhancements
• Collaborate with your fellow team members, to benefit from their knowledge and different backgrounds, and bring your own assets to the team
Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
Relevant Work Experience
Successful experience as software development engineer for other similar companies or applications is a plus.
• An understanding of what it takes to design, build and operate a large scale, complex system that has to operate flawlessly 24x7, 365 days per year.
• We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – you will work with other operations and development teams on a daily basis.
Strong C++ experience
• RDMS/SQL (Oracle preferred)
• Standard Template Library
• Design Patterns
• Python (optional)
• Angular (optional)
• Travel IT industry experience is a plus
• Finance / Accounting knowledge not required
Kanban and SCRUM methodologies, Team spirit, Multicultural approach, good communication skills (London is not a central site for Revenue Accounting, many interactions are expected with the Nice development Centre), analytical and conceptual thinking, customer focus
Closing date: 2nd September 2018
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.