Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading!
When we’re looking to hire at Amadeus, we look internally first. Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to
drive your career, apply now!
We are managing the world leading airline Passenger Servicing System - a system that provides check-in and boarding services to approximately 125 airlines and 1 billion passengers each year.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst to work with our customers to understand their business needs and to propose corresponding solutions and evolution to our Departure Control System (DCS) product to address these. The role is based at our London Heathrow development center.
You will be working in a mixed team of Business Analysts, Developers and QA, in charge of core components of the Altéa Departure Control System, in the areas of Revenue Integrity and Ancillary Services sales.
In an industry known for its tight margins, airlines see ancillary services sales as a vital way to increase their revenues, and are more and more using advanced merchandising techniques to improve their sales. The team is involved several company initiatives in these areas, working in partnership with other divisions and sites to integrate ancillary sales capabilities and merchandising techniques at the DCS touch point.
You will work in close collaboration with Developers and QA during the different phases of a project, using either a Waterfall or Agile (Scrum) approach depending on the profile of the client and the project.
As a business Analyst, you will also frequently interact with Product Managers, as well as directly with customers (airlines and airport ground handlers) at different stages of the projects:
• In the scoping and requirement phase
• During demonstrations of the functionality delivered
• In the context of customer support during cutover to our system, which gives a unique insight on how the system is used day to day by end users
• Analyse requirements submitted by the customer or by Product Management.
• Deliver clear, maintainable and understandable functional specifications and interfaces documentation.
• Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages/products/solutions to ensure functional compatibility.
• Coordinate those interactions from building phase to delivery to ensure the compliance of the delivered functionality.
• Obtain specification validation through carrying out the functional review with Development, QA and Product Management.
• Carry out the functional walk-through of the product with the Development team and Product Management.
• Contribute with Development teams to technical design for their own area.
• Contribute with QA teams to product quality by giving inputs for the test strategy.
Maintain and optimise
• Troubleshoot and investigate defects raised by our customers to ensure compliance of our products to the specifications and system integrity
• Communicate with customers on the steps taken to solve the issues.
Create and innovate
• Analyse needs and requirements, from customer and internal sources, and propose functional/technical solution recommendations with supporting rationale as well as an estimate of the required effort
• Provide on request functional knowledge on their own area for Sales, Account Management, Development, Implementation and Support requests (for elaboration of business cases and RFP responses).
• Provide inputs to Product Management for product functionalities enhancement, business cases and RFP responses, based on their knowledge & product experience. May participate on demand to customer workshops.
• Contribute to innovation and product evolution within their functional area by sharing with peers & product manager’s information such as industry trends & standards etc.
• Show creativity and autonomy in finding solutions to nontrivial problems
• Work closely with Product Management, Software Engineers, and Quality Assurance to create high quality products and enhancements.
• Collaborate with your fellow team members, to benefit from their knowledge and different backgrounds, and bring your own assets to the team.
Job holder profile
Education - Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
Business Understanding - An understanding of what it takes to design, build and operate a large scale, complex system that has to operate flawlessly 24x7, 365 days per year.
- We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you will work with other operations and development teams on a daily basis.
Computing - Capability to synthetise thoughts and flows (e.g. UML modelling etc.)
Other - Kanban and SCRUM methodologies, Team spirit, Multicultural approach, good communication skills, analytical and conceptual thinking, customer focus
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.