If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services
within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us!
Let’s shape the future of travel together.
Purpose of the role
In the Digital for Airlines division of Amadeus, we develop and provide the world's most widely used airline API for search, booking, payment and check-in.
The Digital Experience API offers a seamless REST/JSON API that is easy to use for developers around the world to build first class apps.
Join the London Digital teams as a software engineer and shape the future of travel. We constantly add new features to our API allowing our airline customers to stay at the forefront of innovation in the digital space: web, mobile, tablet. You will be part of a Scrum team that codes primarily in JAVA. You will need to analyse user needs and design, code, test, debug, and document software solution with a highly creative mind-set. This role is primarily opened for contributing to our J2EE application stack.
Define user requirements for development of new or improvement of existing software solutions.
• Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies.
• Propose viable technical solutions to Product Management and/or users for validation.
• Develop software according to Amadeus Standards.
• Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the Amadeus guidelines.
• Participate in the validation / acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalize the product.
• Produce software documentation necessary for the application and issue it to the requesting departments.
• Support the end user in the Production phase by debugging existing software solutions
• A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or other significant industry experience
Relevant work Experience
· Java knowledge
· J2EE knowledge (Weblogic server, Spring or Struts frameworks) is a plus
· We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities.
· -Good interpersonal skills – you will be dealing with internal stakeholders to communicate on requirements, design, usability and review design decisions on a regular basis
It would be desirable, but not essential, if you have:
· SCM knowledge, preferably Git/Bitbucket
· Knowledge of distributed systems/service oriented architectures
· Knowledge of REST/JSON APIs
J2EE, REST/JSON API, SCM (Git/Bitbucket)
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.