If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Summary of the role
There are two main areas of responsibility for the Commercial Support Executive – to manage the Amadeus UK existing client base within the “virtual” customer space, and to assist other members of the Commercial team with their sales and account management administration activities.
This role supports the Commercial team through ensuring that they are able to maximise their value add strategic customer facing and selling time.
· Virtual Customer Account Management: responsible for managing the virtual customer portfolio with a focus on contract and customer retention and development where possible. Measured through GDS segment production, customer revenues generated and profitability for Amadeus.
· General Sales Support: provide assistance to the Commercial team in areas such as sales bids, budgeting, sales call planning, organising material for presentations and meetings, arranging meetings and other general assistance. Assist in the implementation and efficiency of the sales and account management process and related procedures.
· Administration: ensure the accuracy of all customer data related systems and ensure that all relevant internal systems that rely on accurate customer related data are kept up to date (including CRM, SAP, Touchpaper, Order Management, Invoicing etc). Communicate with necessary third parties (for example IATA and Government agencies as required) when a new customer is signed and gather all necessary customer details as required for internal purposes. Perform administration tasks such as filing of letters, contracts, routing of e-mail to the correct person, and manage the communication of customer related company policies to customers.
· Customer Queries: act as the first point of contact for incoming customer queries (by mail, e-mail and phone). Follow-up each issue with the necessary department and pro-actively communicate to the Commercial team and the end customer as necessary (e.g. invoicing, received contracts, training requirements, sales queries etc.).
· Ordering: assist in the ordering of products and solutions using Touchpaper. Raising Order Confirmations to send to customers where necessary.
· Marketing: assist the local Marketing team where necessary with pre-planned and ad-hoc marketing collateral such as customer telephone callouts, newsletters, brochures, flyers, product sheets and presentation slides. Maintain lists for all events and sales and marketing related mailings.
· Internal Communication: take responsibility for the co-ordination of key activities between the Commercial team and other departments (such as the contract approval process and the invoicing process etc.). Act as a liaison point between the Commercial team and other departments with the aim of issue resolution, co-ordination and general communication on sales related activities. For example communicate regularly to ensure that contracts have the latest product and technical addendums and liaise with departments as necessary.
· External Communication: produce sales related data (such as invoicing, segment statistics, OPP reports, productivity etc.) and distribute to certain customers and third parties.
· Skills and knowledge:
· Excellent command of the English language
· Higher Education or equivalent in experience
· Organised, structured and accurate. Analytical and proactive, capable of working independently.
· Flexible, customer and results driven and a good team player.
· Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and computers in general - data input etc.
· Proven experience in an administration, organisational or back-office based role.
· Administrational, taking and executing orders, working alone, working with computer systems.
· Travel industry knowledge would be a bonus and GDS knowledge a distinct advantage.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.