Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading!
Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to
drive your career, apply now!
Have you ever wondered how a mission critical system that is used by more than 125 airlines to check in 800 million passengers each year is made ultra-resilient to failures? And are you ready to work for a technology company that was voted Red Hat innovator of the year in 2016 and in 2014, 2015 and 2016 was the leading European investor in R&D for the travel and tourism sector? We have the job for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic software engineer to work on our world leading airline passenger servicing system based at our London Heathrow development centre.
You will join an established team that is developing and maintaining the software to allow airlines to continue operating even after catastrophic system failures.
Within Amadeus, the DCS Active/Standby team works closely with teams across multiple sites (London, Nice, Bangalore, Sydney, Erding), applications and groups (R&D, Global Operations). As a Software Development Engineer, you will be accountable for the technical design, development and delivery of the product functionalities based on the solutions agreed with stakeholders.
You will need to:
• Be passionate about and committed to delivering high quality software
• Able to deliver high quality results in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
• Think and code like a designer/architect
• Design, document, develop, implement and unit test software modules
• Design elegant and workable software solutions, both on an application and system-wide level
• Consistently meet established deadlines
• Maintain timely reports on status of projects, potential technical problems and any other relevant details
• Coordinate technical loads of new software releases (when applicable)
• Analyse hardware capacity (when applicable)
• Participate in the validation/acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalize the product (when applicable)
Maintain and optimise
• Troubleshoot and investigate defects raised by our customers to ensure compliance of our products to the specifications and system integrity
• Debug efficiently
• Create and update standardized documentation
• Conduct routine performance analysis and optimize software
• Work closely with Product Management, Technical Business Analysts, Quality Assurance and Global Operations to create and develop high quality code for internal/external customers that works and is consistent with requirements documents
• Collaborate with your fellow team members, to benefit from their knowledge and different backgrounds, and bring your own assets to the team
• Coordinate cross team/cross area development with other teams and developers
You will have:
· A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or other significant industry experience
· Fluent English
· C++, Unix, Oracle and MongoDB experience
· Any Python or Java experience would be a plus.
· Some knowledge and (ideally) experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban/Scrum) although it’s not essential.
· We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit, multicultural approach, communication skills, analytical and conceptual thinking skills and customer focus.
In return we will offer you:
· A chance to work on software engineering problems that are unique to large scale, mission critical applications
· A competitive salary
· Company bonus
· Flexible / home working opportunities
· A friendly & supportive team environment
· 28 days leave, increasing to 29 after 3 years and 30 after 5 years
· Pension plan (8% company contribution)
· Life assurance
· Private medical insurance, company sickness benefit, permanent health insurance, eye care vouchers, employee wellbeing program
· Optional benefits: dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme
· Access to an online rewards gateway providing discounts at leading UK retailers
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.