Description de l'offre
Shaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.
We are looking for passionate, skilled Software Engineers to join our Baggage Reconciliation System at Heathrow.
The ideal candidate will have a strong C++ background, with some C# and AngularJS experience. We are expecting the candidate to work on all aspects of the software. We work in Agile, and the candidate has to actively participate in all steps of our sprints.
Have you ever wondered how your bags get from the check-in desk to the plane? Well, it is complicated and the system that sits behind it is very complex. It is distributed, real-time, and written in over 180,000 lines of C++ code!
BRS (Baggage Reconciliation System) interacts with both the check in system, and the weight and balance system, not only to make sure that a passenger won’t travel without his bag, and also to share data to all the relevant systems at the airport.
We have a C++ back end, several scanners working on windows mobile and Android, and a supervisor interface done in AngularJS.
If this sounds like a project you would enjoy working on, then you would work with some excellent colleagues who are responsible for all elements of the software, from front-end to back-end.
The team is composed of 14 people, it’s a mix of Business Analysts, developers, and Quality Analysts. The team also works closely with counterparts in Bangalore and Sydney.
Summary of the role
A Software Development Engineer is accountable for the technical design and delivery of the product functionalities based on the solutions agreed with the stakeholders (Product Management, Product Definition Analysts).
As such, a Software Development Engineer is involved at key steps of the product development:
· Pre-Sales activities and Roadmap creations steps
· Analyse needs and requirements, from customer and internal sources, and propose functional/technical solution recommendations with supporting rationale
· Transversal solution definition
· Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages to ensure functional compatibility of the solution with each area
· Assess effort required from the team to deliver the solution
· Produce and take part in feasibility studies
· Development cycle activities
· Design and deliver new Baggage functionalities with a high quality level
· Register and spot all the impacts on Amadeus Solutions and Products that are provided to clients and ensure that they are properly handled and solved by the relevant teams
· Support business analysts and software development engineers to ensure a proper implementation of the designed solution
· Contribute to overall product quality by participating to the test strategy and defect investigation
· Be accountable for providing status to stakeholders on a regular and relevant basis at any stage of the engagement
· Highlight and escalate issues and risks early so they can be resolved or mitigated with minimal impact to the deliveries
· Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
· Strong C++ experience
· C# (optional)
· RDMS/SQL (Oracle preferred)
· Standard Template Library
· Design Patterns
· Python (optional)
· Java (optional)
· Fluent English
· Multicultural approach and team spirit
· Accountability and basic project management skills
· Change management and Flexibility
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Express ideas clearly helping reach a common understanding of the matter
· Filter information from various sources to retain the most important elements
· Analytical & Conceptual thinking
· Understanding of complex technical problems
· Use of a methodical step-by-step approach to break down complex problems or processes into their constituents parts, identify causes and effects patterns and analyse problems to arrive to an appropriate solution
· Customer Focus & Interpersonal understanding
· Other nice-to-have:
· Successful experience as software development engineer for other Amadeus applications is a plus.
· Good understanding of the Airline business.
· Curiosity in the Travel industry and innovation in general
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.