Shaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.
Closing Date: 30/06/17
Purpose of the role
As an airline implementation engineer, work on Reservation, Inventory and Ticketing ( RIT) implementation aspects of the PSS migration for airlines migrating to Altea GDS. Also to implement standalone services. Work closely with the project manager and other implementation and functional teams within Amadeus in delivering the project milestones successfully and on time.
· Define migration strategy and produce implementation plan.Work closely with the project manager and other implementation and functional teams within Amadeus in delivering the project milestones successfully and on time
· Perform the definition and set up of the systems and links according to the customer’s specific requirements
· Define and create the customer’s Production and test databases
· Support the customer in systems testing, and in planning and executing the cutover.
· Work with the customer in analysing, preparing and testing their impacted systems#
University degree or equivilant
Relevant Work Experience
1. Functional understanding of Airline applications (in one or more of the following Inventory Reservations or Ticketing). Experience on working with airline migration projects involving other airline systems, e.g. DCS, Inventory, Reservation or Ticketing will be preferred.
2. Knowledge of links and systems Communication (desirable).
3. Desirable to have some business / system analysis experience on airline systems
4. Literate in MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point.
5. Technical understanding of the principles of Unix, Open Back End, SQL (desirable)
6. Exposure to relevant project work (2yrs+).
Computing - MS Office, Basics of Computing
Languages - Understanding of SQL
Specific Knowledge - Airline Domain (desirable)
10 - 20%
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.