ABC Electrification is a leading contractor in the UK Rail Electrification Market. ABC is a limited company, a joint venture of Alstom, Babcock and Costain. Alstom provides global electrification and engineering experience and product portfolio, Babcock brings UK project delivery and Costain brings project and programme management experience.
Our UK wide contracts ensure an enduring organisation and career opportunities. This is a great time to join this expanding business that provides real opportunities to charge up your career.
Purpose of the role:
Specialist railway plant operator for the purposes of installation/modification of Overhead Line Equipment (OHLE) equipment work as a team under the instruction of the Supervisor
Carry out Machine Operator duties on the Alstom wiring train, in accordance with the approved operator’s instructions.
Gain sufficient knowledge of the wiring train operations to qualify and hold the approved operators competency certification.
Undertake daily plant maintenance checks and pre shift safety inspections.
Installation/modification of OHLE equipment in accordance with Network Rail Standards and in accordance with the Design.
Assist fabrication of OHLE equipment at workshops and site in accordance with the OHLE design ranges.
Measure OHLE and track geometry in accordance with the specific requirements of the Project Engineers.
Carry out duties in connection with other OHLE project work outside the scope of the current project.
Work in a safe manner at all times.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Support the vehicle maintenance team, undertake vehicle operational tests and function checks, undertake vehicle refuelling, cleaning and painting activities.
· Educational requirements: Minimum of a basic/vocational education - ONC or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic Engineering)
· Language:English and Italian (must be able to read, write and converse to an acceptable standard in both languages).
· Mobility: Availability to move all around the country
· Preferably railway infrastructure experience
· Ability to read engineering drawings is desirable
· Plant and heavy machinery operational experience required preferably railway/construction plant, but other experience can be considered
· Must be able to work at heights and gain relevant safety harness training certification
· Must hold a Personal Track Safety & ICI or are willing to undertake training to gain this qualification
· Must hold OLEC 1 or are willing to undertake training to gain this qualification
· Desirable to hold OLEC 2 or are willing to undertake training to gain this qualification
· Working knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations is essential