Description de l'offre
We are looking for an intern to fill a minimum 4 month position, but there is flexibility for this to cover a placement year (from October 2018 -May 2019).
The role requires an enthusiastic individual to help with our asset raising activities in the UK.
Alquity is an asset management business investing in high-growth markets across the world. Our goal is to connect investors to their investments and social progress in order to deliver better financial outcomes for all. Our five funds target attractive returns across Africa, Asia and Latin America. They are unconstrained, so our managers do not follow benchmarks but seek to add value through identifying the best opportunities in each region.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to gain a solid insight into the Investment Management Industry and work in a small team to continue raising assets for the business.
• You will gain a very broad-based exposure to a growing asset manager with the opportunity to add genuine value to the team and ultimately the company.
• You will get a detailed understanding of the UK wealth and investment management industry.
• An excellent and exciting working environment which will allow you to grow as a professional.
• A good work/ life balance.
The Role will include:
• Researching the investment industry to map the industry’s key Wealth Managers and appropriate decision makers.
• Making outgoing phone calls to new and existing contacts to generate interest and ultimately appointments. Previous telephone experience is desired but not essential, however this is a key part of the role.
• Having high quality interactions with potential clients in which you build rapport and establish trust.
• Contacting new and existing investors via the telephone to update them on the market movements and fund performance, which will be discussed and debated during the Monday morning markets meeting.
• Presenting the Alquity brand to a targeted group of potential and existing clients (Financial Advisers, Discretionary Fund Managers, Private Banks etc).
• Working in close partnership with the Head of UK Distribution.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Be results driven and professional (must be able to provide proof of results achieved)
• Fluent oral and written English essential. Strong, clear and precise verbal and written communication skill.
• Self motivated and excellent approach to work, ability to prioritise workload and deliver on targets.
• Experience of liaising with clients on the phone, both incoming and outgoing would be an advantage.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills and the ability to use web based CRM systems.
• Knowledge of the financial services industry and/or investment management sector would be an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to understand an asset management firm and to get a detailed understanding of the UK wealth and investment management industry.
Monthly Salary: £1,600 GBP
HOW TO APPLY
Please tell us a few words about why you would like to work with us and send along with your CV as soon as possible.
Please put your name and role in the subject title.