We are looking for an intern to fill a minimum 4 month position, but there is flexibility for this to cover a placement year (from October 2018 -May 2019).
The role requires an enthusiastic individual to help with our asset raising activities in the UK.
Alquity is an asset management business investing in high-growth markets across the world. Our goal is to connect investors to their investments and social progress in order to deliver better financial outcomes for all. Our five funds target attractive returns across Africa, Asia and Latin America. They are unconstrained, so our managers do not follow benchmarks but seek to add value through identifying the best opportunities in each region.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to gain a solid insight into the Investment Management Industry and work in a small team to continue raising assets for the business.
• You will gain a very broad-based exposure to a growing asset manager with the opportunity to add genuine value to the team and ultimately the company.
• You will get a detailed understanding of the UK wealth and investment management industry.
• An excellent and exciting working environment which will allow you to grow as a professional.
• A good work/ life balance.
The Role will include:
• Researching the investment industry to map the industry’s key Wealth Managers and appropriate decision makers.
• Making outgoing phone calls to new and existing contacts to generate interest and ultimately appointments. Previous telephone experience is desired but not essential, however this is a key part of the role.
• Having high quality interactions with potential clients in which you build rapport and establish trust.
• Contacting new and existing investors via the telephone to update them on the market movements and fund performance, which will be discussed and debated during the Monday morning markets meeting.
• Presenting the Alquity brand to a targeted group of potential and existing clients (Financial Advisers, Discretionary Fund Managers, Private Banks etc).
• Working in close partnership with the Head of UK Distribution.