Underwriting Sr. Business Analyst
Amsterdam (Montgomery County) Accounting / Management control
Whether it’s aircraft, satellites, the world’s biggest ships and tallest building, cyber-attacks or climate change impacts, Allianz Global Corporate and Specialty (AGCS) have got the major risks fully covered when it comes to protecting businesses.
Job Purpose :
You will provide underwriting technical support to the Midcorp Middle Market team. Your key responsibility is development and ongoing documentation of all processing related business requirements including the translation into technical requirements for IT development and operations. You will also be responsible for developing business requirements.
· Support development of global MidCorp strategy, Underwriting policy and all other relevant issues concerning MidCorp.
· Organize trainings for AGCS MidCorp units/PCs (Underwriting Academy, seminars, etc.) based on input from PCs, Global Product Development and Global Portfolio Steering and Pricing.
· Prepare content for internal and external meetings.
· Coordinate MidCorp profit centers in terms of general aspects.
· Prepare approvals (Underwriting Committee, GUC etc.).
· Represent MidCorp/UW as BLO with respect to global (IT) systems and processes.
· Develop, define and coordinate global processes (e.g., referral flow).
· Develop and update MidCorp-specific guidelines and implement/monitor adherence to MSU, MQES, RI exclusions, R&Ps, circulars, etc. and coordinate global issues (e.g., sanctions).
· Prepare and conduct Business Reviews (including tools).
· Develop and coordinate Product marketing (e.g., brochures, presentations, etc., including advertisement and global product design).
· Develop and coordinate publications (internet, intranet etc.) in cooperation with PCs and Global Product Development.
· Represent AGCS internally in the group, and externally to customers, the industry, and other organizations.
· Drive involvement of functional areas in process coordination including Market Management, Operations, and Actuarial.
· Actively support MidCorp-specific projects and task forces.
· Significant experience in Underwriting management and/or organization and/or processes management;
· Understanding of relevant technical and financial analysis of industrial underwriting cases or equivalent;
· Successful track record of leadership of direct teams or complex matrix environments;
· Experience working internationally;
· Ability to assess relevant risk inherent exposures and (natural) hazards;
· Manage the underwriting books, monitor appropriate investments and allocate funds accordingly;
· Analyze trends and scenario plans;
· Design, develop and implement consistent, robust contract wordings;
· Analyze current performance against various benchmarks with a view to ensure adequate progress and satisfactory performance;
· Ability to analyze highly complex data, from multiple sources, in detail;
· Advanced knowledge in Excel and database applications;
· Ability to identify and resolve issues before they transpire;
· Ability to develop, implement and communicate strategies to address important trends or changes in the business;
· Ability to express ideas and messages clearly, both written and verbally;
· Ability to "sell" an improvised or prepared audience winning story;
· Ability to negotiate best position for AGCS, and client, often in contentious situations, managing conflicting priorities of various parties; and
· Degree in Business Administration/Mathematics/Statistics/Finance and/or Actuarial.
The annualized base pay range for this role is $102,443-$183,409. The annual base salary range represents a nationwide market range. The actual salary for this position may be above and will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate. The base pay is just one component of the AGCS total compensation package. As part of our comprehensive compensation and highly rated benefits programs, employees are also eligible for annual performance-based cash incentive awards.
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Great to have you on board. Let's care for tomorrow.
Note: Diversity of minds is an integral part of Allianz’ company culture. One means to achieve diverse teams is a regular rotation of Allianz Executive employees across functions, Allianz entities and geographies. Therefore, the company encourages its employees to have motivation in gaining varied skills from different positions and to collect experiences from across Allianz Group
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City