Reporting to the Head of Government Performance within our Government Services Business (part of the Allianz Australia Personal Injury Division) in this newly created role you’ll lead the design and implementation of governance strategies and frameworks ensuring the business operates in alignment with internal policies and external requirements against relevant codes, regulations, guidelines, and contract requirements. This includes the reporting of performance and ensuring the sharing of key responsibilities and actions to all leaders.
This is a brand-new role where you’ll have the opportunity to design, implement and run strategies and frameworks, with complete autonomy on how to apply your skills to shape the role. Working across multi-jurisdictional contracts and products will ensure variety, interacting with regulators and contract principals. Experience a high trust culture where everyone belongs, and new ideas are embraced.
Responsibilities in the role:
· Lead the delivery of governance activities, including the design and implementation of strategies, Operational Compliance Plans (OCPs) and frameworks.
· Work closely with relevant senior managers, team managers and teams to ensure assurance frameworks operate in alignment with our risk and compliance requirements and external/regulatory expectations.
· Provide expert technical support on governance requirements and risk/compliance frameworks for all leaders.
· Identify and implement opportunities to create efficiency in governance frameworks, whilst maintaining effectiveness.
· Provide reporting to the senior management team to ensure oversight of performance.
· Ensure adherence to Internal Policy and Procedures including delegations of authority.
· Maintain, upgrade, and propose improvement to Key Policy and Procedures, guidelines, and processes in accordance with Allianz requirements including the Corporate Rules Management Policy/Procedure.
· Work alongside relevant managers’ providing input into, and representation at forums or industry submissions.
· Promote a strong risk awareness culture through continual engagement with the leadership team.
· Maintain a forward view of major upcoming regulatory changes and business deliverables to ensure Allianz can understand, respond, and implement.
· Ensure escalation of risks and issues and reporting of actual or potential issues in accordance with Allianz requirements, and assist with innovative, proactive, and practical solutions to these risks/issues.
To be successful in the role:
· You’ll have prior experience in risk and compliance or assurance, acquired in a complex, matrixed insurance, banking or financial services organisation, ideally with experience in Personal Injury
· Experience in the design and implementation of strategies, Operational Compliance Plans and frameworks.
· Demonstrated experience with risk management principles and processes, risk and control analysis and with the three lines of defence model.
· Ideal candidate will have experience in a personal injury claims business, and proven ability to develop successful strategies and frameworks.
· Understanding of quality assurance processes, requirements, and practices.
· Sound business acumen, business planning, data management experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of communicating with clarity, impact, and influence.
Allianz is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us. We do this through delivering a great customer experience that is the result of appreciating each other every single day, showing heart by really listening and seeing things from the perspective of others by always asking, "how can I help?". Allianz is committed to enabling a culture where inclusion is embedded, everyone belongs and new ideas are embraced. We welcome and value talent from all backgrounds, experiences and ways of working Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.