Let’s care for tomorrow.
Your ambitions. Your dreams. Your tomorrow.
At Allianz Global Corporate and Specialty SE (AGCS), we are the global leader for insuring corporate and specialty risks in the Allianz Group. Whether it’s aircraft, satellites, the world’s biggest ships and tallest building, cyber-attacks or climate change impacts, Allianz Global Corporate and Specialty (AGCS) has the major risks covered when it comes to protecting businesses.
We are looking for a Junior Underwriter, terrorism and Political Violence (m/f/d) – based in Munich or Cologne.
AGCS is committed to offering a wide-ranging suite of crisis management insurance solutions to help our clients respond to a wide range of crisis scenarios at a moment's notice.
The Impact You Will Have
Based in Munich or Cologne and reporting to the team leader, Property, you will be working in a team of Property Underwriters in the Regional Unit Central Eastern Europe (CEE).
Whilst you build your experience as well as your broker and internal network, you will be tasked with supporting the development of the Terrorism/PV business in the region by negotiating participation, pricing and terms & conditions on new and renewal business.
Some of your specific responsibilities could include
· Support the development and execution of the regional underwriting strategy
· Underwrite in line with Terrorism/PV governance framework
· Underwrite profitable new and renewal business
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with key brokers
· Negotiate price and terms and conditions with insurance brokers
· Working closely with our Distribution teams and Key Account Managers, as well as with other lines of business, you will identify a suitable pipeline and cross-sell opportunities
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers and clients in partnership with the Distribution team
· Ensure accurate policy documentation is issued and filing is maintained through a close working relationship with Operations and Cat Modelling teams
What You’ll Bring to the Role
· A bachelor’s degree
· Experience of Terrorism/PV business preferred. We are also open to consider highly engaged junior Underwriting candidates
· Good understanding of Terrorism/PV products and portfolio
· Strong communication skills and team spirit; proactive
· Good use of Excel and Office package
· Fluent in German. Good English skills required
· Capable of leveraging data and analytics to make business more efficient and effective
AGCS is dedicated to offering its employees an environment open for learning and development and hosts its own Underwriting Academy to drive continued excellence in underwriting and to better understand and serve our clients’ needs.
17601 | Underwriting | Professional | Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty | Full-Time | Permanent
What’s in it for you?
Let’s care about everything that makes you, you
We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong. We offer a hybrid working model, which recognizes the value of striking a balance between in-person collaboration and remote working. Please feel free to discuss flexible working arrangements with us.
Let’s care for your financial wellbeing
We believe in rewarding performance with a great compensation and benefits package (details vary by location), including a generous bonus scheme and pension.
Let’s care for your opportunities to progress
From career development and digital learning programs to international career mobility, we offer lifelong learning for our employees worldwide and an environment where innovation, delivery and empowerment are fostered.
Let’s care for life’s twists and turns
From our support for flexible working, health and wellbeing (including private healthcare and generous parental leave benefits), to helping people return from career breaks with experience that nothing else can teach. We’ve got your back.
Let’s care for our society and our planet
With opportunities to be engaged in shaping a future that is safe, inclusive and sustainable, we care for the tomorrows of our people, our industry and our clients.
Care to join us?
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is a global corporate insurance carrier and part of Allianz Group. We provide risk consultancy, Property-Casualty insurance solutions and alternative risk transfer for a wide spectrum of commercial, corporate and specialty risks across 10 dedicated lines of business. Learn more about us by clicking here .
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore welcomes applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic. Diversity of thinking is an important part of our company culture.
People with disabilities:
We want to give all our candidates the best opportunity to succeed. If you need any adjustments to be made during the application and selection process, please email email@example.com
AGCS has an in-house recruitment team, which focuses on sourcing great candidates directly. AGCS does not accept unsolicited resumes from agency or search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired. When we do use agencies, we have a PSL in place, so please do not contact managers directly.