Associate Graduate Underwriter – Accounting - Chicago
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to kick start your career with on-the-job learning experience coupled with a structured development program at one of the world’s strongest financial services groups and the leading global insurance brand in the world, Allianz Commercial.
About Allianz Commercial
Whether it’s aircraft, satellites, the world’s biggest ships and tallest buildings, cyber-attacks or climate change impacts, Allianz Commercial has the major risks covered. We also cover unique risks such as offshore wind parks, Hollywood film productions and music festivals. Powered by employees, financial strength, and global network, we work together to help our customers prepare for what’s ahead. Our customers trust us for providing a wide range of traditional and alternative risk transfer solutions, outstanding risk consulting and multinational services as well as seamless claims handling.
About the Graduate Program
We are looking for Graduates who want to blaze new trails, disrupt the insurance industry and shape a better tomorrow. We care about your opportunities for advancement. Individual development, career mobility, and lifelong learning opportunities are available to all our employees worldwide.
During your first year of employment, you will participate in the Graduate Program which is a 12-month professional development program designed to attract, develop and retain the next generation of insurance professionals. The Program will support your growth as a well-rounded technical expert and potential future leader at Allianz Commercial. Key Program elements include:
· Employment begins mid-July 2024 and the Program starts in early August of 2024
· Time is split time between structured learning curriculum and on the job experiential learning
· Opportunity to gain a broad base of industry knowledge, function specific expertise as well as personal and professional skills development
· Ability to network with senior leaders, technical experts, customers, as well as other graduates and early career program participants globally
· Hybrid working environment allowing you to collaborate with and learn from teammates
· Access to an extensive array of Allianz Commercial professional development resources upon Program completion
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Travel to onsite week-long workshops at various Allianz offices requires 3-4 times during the Program
What You’ll Bring To The Role
· Recently completed university degree
· Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
· Degree path focus, mindset and/or aptitude for insurance
· Prior experience gained through internships, academic projects or related work experience is preferred but not required
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with colleagues, peers, managers and customers
· Strong problem resolution and analytical skills as well as the ability to grasp and solve complex issues and present solutions to others effectively
· Excellent computer skills including MS/Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Eligibility to work in local hiring office (US or Canada)
This job pays a salary $41000 - $69829 per year. The annual base salary range represents a nationwide market range. The actual salary for this position may be above and will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role, the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate. The base pay is just one component of the AzC total compensation package. As part of our comprehensive compensation and highly rated benefits programs, employees are also eligible for annual performance-based cash incentive awards.
36614 | Finance & Accounting | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz Commercial | Full-Time | Permanent
What’s in it for you?
Let’s care about everything that makes you, you
We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong. We offer a hybrid working model, which recognizes the value of striking a balance between in-person collaboration and remote working. Please feel free to discuss flexible working arrangements with us.
Let’s care for your financial wellbeing
We believe in rewarding performance with a great compensation and benefits package (details vary by location), including a generous bonus scheme and 401K.
Let’s care for your opportunities to progress
From career development and digital learning programs to international career mobility, we offer lifelong learning for our employees worldwide and an environment where innovation, delivery and empowerment are fostered.
Let’s care for life’s twists and turns
From our support for flexible working, health and wellbeing (including private healthcare and generous parental leave benefits), to helping people return from career breaks with experience that nothing else can teach. We’ve got your back.
Let’s care for our society and our planet
With opportunities to be engaged in shaping a future that is safe, inclusive and sustainable, we care for the tomorrows of our people, our industry and our clients.
Care to join us?
Allianz Commercial (AzC) is a global corporate insurance carrier and part of Allianz Group. We provide risk consultancy, Property-Casualty insurance solutions and alternative risk transfer for a wide spectrum of commercial, corporate and specialty risks across 10 dedicated lines of business. Learn more about us by clicking here .
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore welcomes applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic. Diversity of thinking is an important part of our company culture.
AzC has an in-house recruitment team, which focuses on sourcing great candidates directly. AzC does not accept unsolicited resumes from agency or search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired. When we do use agencies, we have a PSL in place, so please do not contact managers directly.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago