Allianz have a great opportunity for an Account Developer to join the Birmingham office on a full time, permanent basis.
About the role
This is a telephone based role where you will focus on providing account management and the development of a panel of business partners, promoting the Allianz products and proposition by building and maintaining strong business relationships with the relevant managers in the partner organisations (existing and new) to ensure alignment of goals and delivery against plans.
Your new role will be based in Birmingham on a hybrid basis – giving you the opportunity to work flexibly between home and the office (minimum 8 days a month in the office, typically 2 days a week). Working Monday – Friday 9-5.
What will this involve?
· Develops and maintains high-level management relationships with senior personnel within the account base to deliver profit and growth in line with Corporate Plan targets. Creates account plans and manages performance against plan, taking corrective actions where required.
· Designs and implements account strategies for growing existing accounts and acquires new business from prospective partners.
· Provides regular reporting, feedback and market intelligence, as required by the company, within agreed guidelines and format. Provides market and competitor information as and when required.
· Develops, communicates and implements the individual broker and/or panel plans to deliver in line with Corporate Plan targets. Engages supporting teams regularly to maintain focus.
· Develops strong relationships with the partnership(s) (existing and new customers) and key personnel to fully understand their businesses, trading models and organisation structure in order to negotiate strong commercial outcomes and facilitate appropriate internal stakeholder engagement.
· Primarily involved in direct contact with customers/clients to acquire new business or develop existing business or accounts.
· Participates in sales presentations, developing bids, and responding to proposals.
· At senior levels, likely to set-negotiate product/service terms or contracts.
· A significant portion of compensation is likely to be based on sales results.
What are we looking for?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with a real passion for developing relationships and have a natural flare for building rapport with people through listening and being responsive.
You’ll be a tenacious, customer focused individual who is confident in speaking with a wide range of internal and external contacts – including being confident participating in presentations and meetings.
You will have…
· Good communication and written skills.
· Experience of using the features of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Basis understanding of the performance drivers.
· Professionally qualified desirable e.g. ACII.
· Experience of working with cross-functional teams to achieve customer profitable growth objectives.
· Experience in account and relationship management. Ability to develop and implement customer strategies.
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from – including: retail discounts and insurance cover - so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
· Holidays starting at 22 days (increase based on years’ experience in industry) & 1 addition for birthday plus bank holidays
· Flexible buy/sell holiday options
· Global Career development benefits
· Health and Wellbeing
· Ensure equal pay
· Flexible working arrangements
· Full time and part time policies
· Employee parental support
· Maternity & paternity leave
· Competitive bonus scheme
· Generous pension contributions
· Development days
· A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
· Retail discounts
We believe that having a strong focus on Inclusion and Diversity enables us to better understand the customers we serve and our people. We recognise that people work in different ways and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their best self to work and feel a sense of belonging. It’s really important to us that we create a diverse workforce and we welcome applications for everyone