AKKA & Modis are now Akkodis ranks as the European leader in engineering consulting and R&D services in the mobility sector. As an innovation accelerator for its clients, AKKA & Modis are now Akkodis supports leading industry players in the automotive, telco&media, industrial, aerospace, rail and life-sciences sectors throughout the life cycle of their products with cutting edge digital technologies (AI, ADAS, IoT, Big Data, robotics, embedded computing, machine learning, etc.).
With a view to strengthening our team, we are looking for:
TMS Application Design Engineer
For a leading railway customer, as Application Design Engineer you will participate to all project execution phases and contribute to TMS application design, building relevant models and producing related data-preparation to comply with functional requirements, target signaling principles and software recommendations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Perform non-routine analytical activities to design and implement railway network models;
· Produce specific configuration for general-purpose product to deploy TMS solution;
· Participate in technical discussions with engineering leads to recommend alternatives, research new methods / techniques and discuss solutions to problems;
· Implement standard or original operating procedures, writing dedicated specification document;
· Ensure project deliverables are accurate and meet Quality Cost Delivery expectations;
· Comply with engineering process way of working applying scrum methodologies;
· Maintain design environments along project execution;
· Follow up configuration management rules of relevant software application items.
The ideal candidate holds a Master's Degree in Electronics/Automation Engineering, Informatics, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent culture and has at least 1 year of experience in similar activities. Good problem solving and team working skills, autonomy in organizing assigned tasks and result orientation are required. Willingness to geographic mobility nationally and internationally and excellent knowledge of English are also required.
· Experience in exploration and application of innovative approaches to model high-complexity use cases;
· Good knowledge of object-oriented programming language and technology (at least one among: C#, C/C++, .Net, Python) with experience in exploiting it to implement models and make day-by-day work easier;
· Ability to work with MS SQL DB, while knowledge of Oracle DB technology is a plus;
· Ability to work with virtualization technologies (i.e. VMWare) and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
· Working experience in engineering team for timing critical project or research organization for complex topics;
· Experience in working with agile approach using scrum methodologies;
· Knowledge of Railway Signaling Principles and Rules;
· Knowledge of railway systems, specifically of Train Traffic Supervision and Traffic Regulation Principles.
· Ability to learn new methods/processes and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
· Problem solving attitude with strong analytical qualities;
· Attitude to facilitate brainstorming;
· Ability to work independently, self-motivation and adaptability;
· Inspire group harmony and build a team spirit thanks to positive attitude;
· Ability to prioritize own workload and handle changing priorities;
· Present results with accuracy and precision.
Founded in 1984, AKKA & Modis are now Akkodis has a strong entrepreneurial culture and is pursuing fast-paced growth and international development in line with its strategic plan CLEAR 2022. The Group continues to recruit at a steady pace to support its strong business growth. As of 31 December 2021, the Group had 21.000 employees on an international level. Driven by its expertise in future mobility, digital and industry 4.0 technologies, the Group’s 2021 revenues amount to €1.553,4 million.